Monday, May 23, 2016

Chicken Scratch Dishcloth and Towel

I loved this pattern to make dishcloths or washcloths and the texture is wonderful for washing anything.  I found this pattern here but I made some changes to it to make it more what I wanted.  I chain 34, sc in 2nd chain from the hook and sc to the end of the row, ch 1 and turn then follow the directions for row 1 and continue on.  When I was finished, I would sc around the cloth, with 3 sc in each corner.  Tie off at the end and secure. 





I have also used this pattern as a base for a towel that I love. 

Chain 57

Row 1 - SC in the second chain from the hook and until the end (55).

Row 2 - Chain 1 and turn. SC in first stitch, skip 1, 3SC in next stitch then *then skip 2 stitches, 3SC in the next stitch* repeat between *, skip 1 and SC in the last stitch.  Repeat until desired length.

Last Row - Chain 1 and turn. SC in each stitch across, tie off and secure ends. 



Remember to always use cotton for dishcloths, washcloths, trivets, anything that can get wet or hot items with be set on it.  Acrylic yarn will not soak up liquids and will melt if hot items are set on them. 














No comments:

Post a Comment